Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday, 23 May - Blue Monday

Specifically, Blue Willow blue!  Just finished a round of 8 towels - woven in 2/2 twill with lovely cobalt blue stripes.  Did I mention that Blue Willow dishes are my favorite and of course cobalt blue is my all time favorite (scarlet red is a very very close second choice for favorite colors).  These towels were supposed to be woven in a pinwheel pattern but silly me forgot I needed more than 6 treadles to weave that particular pattern and when I put the warp on my 4 shaft Glimarka countermarche I could not weave pinwheels - no skeleton tie up for this kid.  RATS!  So, a quick change of tie up and off to the races I went.  Wove 6 towels in 2/2 twill with variations of the number of stripes per towel and then I finished off the warp with 2 towels in plain weave.

Here is a quick picture of one of the towels I posted in my etsy shop tonight... and yes, I am aware that the porcelain dish is not Blue Willow - but it is a nice piece I bought when we lived in Japan



Currently warping some Christmas runners, yes you read that correctly - Christmas runners - wanted something bright to work on this week.

Happy weaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment