Monday, May 16, 2011

Orange You Glad It Is Monday?

Finally finished my waffle weave towels last week.  They have been washed, dried and hemmed and posted in my etsy shop.  I was a bit surprised that they didn't "waffle" as much as I had expected.  I used a 5 shaft waffle weave pattern thinking that structure would be sound for kitchen towels.  The warp was 8/2 bleached cotton and the weft was some left over 8/2 cotton I had in my stash in various colors of orange and yellow.  The towels are cheerful and will be nice and thirsty for use in the kitchen.  Just wish they had a bit deeper cell - more waffly if you understand my gist.


This towel was done with the same bleach 8/2 cotton for both warp and weft - it seems a bit more waffly.



This yellow towel was done with left over 8/2 cotton from my last weaving project - not as waffly.


This fun orange towel, the warp is also left over 8/2 cotton from my stash.  Note it really did not waffle at all.  I like the look of the pattern, sort of looks like little flowers don't you think.

This week I am working on white and blue 2/2 twill towels for the shop.   Hopefully, I will get them finished up this week and will have something to show you next week.

Until, next week - Happy Weaving!


2 comments:

  1. Those are pretty! Deeper cells comes with more shafts and with deeper cells, more take up and shrinkage. Also depending on the yarn size chosen, a higher probability of snagging a float.
    So 16/2 yarns and maybe 10 shaft or 12?

    I'm thinking those look *great* at eight!

    Check out a pattern called Brighton honeycomb in Strickler's 8 shaft pattern book. No deep cells but a nifty texture for toweling!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete