Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dark Towels mean kid friendly towels

Just completed a set of dark navy blue and black marle towels and put them up for sale in my Etsy shop.  This warp had been waiting for me to get around to weaving it up for quite some time.  I cannot even remember when I warped this particular yarn, could have been as long as 2 years ago.  Even worse I am not really sure what the warp was supposed to be for, thankfully I had a little note taped to the bag it was in with the length and the amount of ends.  Knew I had enough to make towels, so off I went - threw it on the loom, threaded an overshot pattern and got down to the business of weaving.



If you look closely you can see that the overshot bands are slightly different in each picture.


Ended up with 5 sellable towels, 2 towels in one pattern and 3 towels with the other pattern.   Always like having a wee bit of variety in my life.

Ended up with a 6 towels from this short warp, towel number 6 is about 3 inches shorter than it's cousins - so it will be considered a finger tip towel and is not listed on my shop site.  I will most likely use it as a thank you gift for customers or to give as a gift during the holidays.

The marle yarn was a mill end and for the life of me I cannot remember where I bought it.  There is a good possibility I bought it at Old Mill Yarns in Eaton Rapids, MI, but I would not swear to it.

Need to go and figure out what is next on the agenda, Christmas is creeping closer with each passing day.

Happy weaving

No comments:

Post a Comment