Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Huck Plaid Towels

Wow, three posts in as many days...that just about never happens around here.  Just finished a long warp of 8/2 cotton huck weave towels.  Ended up with 9 towels measuring 17" x 25" and one jumbo towel that is 17" x 30" (think I was day dreaming when I wove that one).



I have woven these towels several times in the past year or so.  They are popular in my little etsy shop and sell quickly (hope I didn't just jinx my sales).  Although they are a bit time consuming to weave with all the weft changes they pretty easy to weave up.


Each towel is slightly different than the next because I vary which shuttle I pick up to weave with.  Don't the  bright clear colors remind you of fiesta ware dishes?

Off to warp and thread a new project on my looms.

Happy Weaving!

9 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the towels. I can see why they are a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful...so very pretty.
    is it difficult to use them when they are so wonderful?
    love the pictures of your house..love the open space - reminds me of my visits to your state

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the colors too. Hand woven towels just get better with use. The more you wash and dry them the more absorbent they become. We love our new place, it has been a long time coming....waiting for 24 years of active duty service before we could "come home".

      Delete
  3. The bright colors are glorious. I love huck for towels and I love plaid. I really like the interplay of color on yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh, these towels are fun to weave and a great way for me to use up extra bobbins of 8/2 cotton.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this super-colourful huck weave! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure they are all that inspiring, but they certainly are a lot of fun to weave.

      Delete