Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Flowers For Spring



Just pulled these towels off my loom this afternoon and managed to get them finished and listed in my Etsy shop for sale.  No matter how many times I weave this particular pattern I still love the results.  The simple color palate with the dogwood blossoms are a reminder of warmer breezes and spring flowers.



Huck lace is a great way to weave texture and beauty into an everyday kitchen towel.   The nice dark red cotton yarn washed up beautifully without any die release!  Love to weave these towels but I think the next time I weave them I will not fringe them.  Fringe is just not appealing to me and for the life of me I cannot fathom what possessed me to fringe them in the first place.

Happy Weaving!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely towels and the teapot is perfect in the picture with the blue dogwood one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful towels and beautiful dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both excellent examples of weaving and I don't know, the fringe is kind of fun once in a while. And how pretty the Blue Willow is! Did you ever receive the pattern Martha?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your overshot always looks so classic! I also like your huck towel looks great too. I'm feeling the urge to weave some lace... its been too long since my last lace project.
    Thanks for the nudge..

    :) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous as always, Martha! Overshot is just so lovely to look at. And your pictures are A+++. May your sheds always be clean. Kate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Oh! Oh! What is the pattern for the blue? I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great red. And of course, I love the Blue Willow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so beutiful. I´l really do like them.
    Best wishes from Monika in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete