Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Fresh Spring Vegetables


Fresh Spring Vegetables, don't these bibs make you feel hungry?  Just finished weaving fourteen, count 'em fourteen of these bibs...each one just a cute as the last.  Three layers of fabric make up each bib - layer one is my handwoven, center layer is white linen used for stability and the backing is a store bought print.  Taught myself to use a 1940's Singer sewing machine buttonholer to make the buttonholes on each bib - what fun!

Sent two off to my expecting dear daughter, two more are winging their way to an expecting friend in Utah and the rest went into my Etsy Shop.

Back to the loom, Happy Weaving.

Please visit my on line shop --  Thistle Rose Weaving by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving


9 comments:

  1. OHMYGOD! Those are adorable. Makes me want you to weave me an adult sized one. But then I think, some day, in the not near distant enough future, I might just need one. But they sure are cute....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best grandma!!! They are sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable and perfect in every way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever Lady!! They are wonderful on a whole bunch of levels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the nice compliments, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Perfect for any baby.

    ReplyDelete