Monday, May 20, 2013

Same Pattern --- Same Bat Channel

I have been very busy in the studio with an order for a good customer.  After weaving this lovely lady a custom ordered overshot table runner she decided eight matching coasters were in order.

Of course that meant I had to finish a long warp that was already on the loom before I could start her coasters.  This cranberry red overshot runner is one of the runners I wove off that particular warp.




After the warp was finished it was on to the coasters...same pattern --- same bat channel.  Put a 10 yard warp on the loom and got down to business.

Many many coasters later I am done!  After a serious amount of fabric cutting, assembling and hand sewing I am proud to say all the coasters are done.


These are the happy results of my foray into handwoven coasters.

Happy Weaving!


Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I really like that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of matching coasters - those go great with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You even make a coaster look like a piece of art!

    You go girl! They are lovely...

    :) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fresh looking! And so beautiful. Sigh. Just amazing how much you get done!

    ReplyDelete