Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New Beginnings & Dreams


Last weekend I had a chance to drive up north to visit with our daughter's family and meet our newest Grandson.  Our daughter Amy is holding her new baby, David while big sister Kaya is looking on.  What a lovely group don't you think?



Here is a better shot of our new baby, he is a real squiggle-butt - he loves to stretch and wriggle around whenever he is awake.  What joy this little one brings to our family.


Sitting across the table from his Mother and new baby brother is our wonderful Grandson, Christian.  My husband and I are just thrilled to have three Grandchildren, we view it as one more little one to spoil!



My other big news is----

I have entered the Martha Stewart American Made 2013 Contest and hope to be recognized as a maker who is helping to revive lost art forms and a person who is helping to push the American made movement forward.  I am in the running to win $10,000 which I plan to use to upgrade my looms and open a working studio where I can demonstrate and teach weaving.

Voting begins August 26th.

You can view my entry at:


I know this is a long shot, but I hope it is the first step to making my dreams come true.
Please vote August 26th.

Happy Weaving! 


8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new grandbaby.

    How wonderful to have entered that contest - I've read about it in the past but since her show is no longer on the air I don't think about it. I've put a note on my calendar to vote for you on the 26th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby and joining great older siblings! Congratulations to the whole family.

    I have a note to vote on the 26th for you!

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wee chap.
    Good luck with the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make such lovely things....YOU SHOULD WIN.
    Remind everyone on the 26th......I will vote for you, no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much good news! Congratulations, and you have my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have your info posted on my blog! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news on all fronts--what a lovely addition to your family and entering the contest is wonderful. Very exciting times you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new arrival - he is a handsome little chap!
    You have my vote - I hope it goes well for you x x

    ReplyDelete