Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Two Takes On The Same Pattern

Cobalt blue has to rank right up there with scarlet red as my favorite color of all time.  Wove two sets of placemats using some cobalt 5/2 mercerized cotton that has been lurking in my stash for some time.





Managed to eek out a nice table runner from the same warp.




Found it interesting to learn that my talented weaving friend Kate Kilgus aka Nutfield Weaver http://nutfieldweaver.blogspot.com/    and I were using the exact same draft at the exact same time.  Kate used a different variation on the treadling.  




I love the color she used for this bespoke piece, I think it is beautiful.


Happy Weaving.

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving





5 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful.... I love that shade of blue too...
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cobalt blue placemats! They are stunning! Happy weaving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cobalt - my absolute FAVORITE color and the mats & runner are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete