Thursday, November 7, 2013

Baby Blues


Our new Grandson has fast out grown the yellow and white double weave blanket I made for his homecoming in September.  Went through my stash and found some very nice 5/2 mercerized yarn in a great shade of baby blue and snow white.


Warped the yarns up, threw them on the loom and wove the blanket off.  Took me a grand total of two days from start to finish.  Weaving the blanket made me realize how much I dislike standing the whole time so that I can thrown and catch the shuttle across the width of my loom.   Ah well, it is a very small price to pay to weave something for our new little guy.


My weaving studio supervisors, Sam and Pepper.


Happy Weaving.

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving




6 comments:

  1. That's a lovely blanket! Wow you are a fast weaver! I also love your dogs, I used to have a black poodle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, it's beautiful. Great colors. Pepper has grown so much!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson is a lucky guy, Martha. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful! Great inspiration for a present for a friend's son's birth. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is BEAUTIFUL!! And I bet it's as soft as can be. But he still needs a quilt... just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid Article, there are being reading this web site recent days and nights but now document used your time to thank you for a records youre the one discussing around.

    Best Cardsharing

    ReplyDelete