Sunday, January 5, 2014

2013 Weaving High Lights

Warning:  Lots of pictures!  2013 was a busy year in my weaving studio, below are just a few of many textiles I had the pleasure of weaving last year.   I never realized just how busy I was until I started reviewing my work at the end of the year.  Whew!  


Taquete Rainbow Towels


Linen spa cloths

Vegetable Bibs

My personal favorite - red cotlin towels.

Merino and silk table runner



Silk and Tencel fabric for my newborn Grandson's baptismal gown.  This was a labor of love.

Linen table runner.

Linen napkins

Christmas tea towels

Cobalt blue table runner

Taquete tea towels

Merino scarf


Rainbow taquete towels

Colonial double weave baby blanket for new Grandson's homecoming.

Cotlin tea towels

Merino and silk table runner

Huck a back tea towels

Dala Red Table Runner

Butter yellow napkins

Linen table runner

Star of Bethlehem table runner

Christmas tea towels

Cobalt blue placemats

Blue cotton baby blanket for Grandson.

Swedish Flag inspired mug rugs

2014, promises to be a productive year in the studio.  

Happy Weaving!

12 comments:

  1. Wow...a very good weaving year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the pictures.......wow, you are very productive, and talented. Would you share what you use to make your baby blankets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful weavings, I will come like 'green' with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely portfolio! It seems a bit mean to pick favourites out of such a wonderful selection, but I do have a sneaky soft spot for the vegetable bibs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weaving always looks so clean and crisp.... no matter what the project or texture!

    I thought this idea of recording a years worth of weaving so neat, I stole your idea! Maybe we can start something??

    Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the wonderful comments!

    Hilary, I wove both baby blankets with pearle cotton - used 5/2 grist

    Cally, the vegetable bibs were a lot of fun to weave

    Susan, thank you for the compliment! This was the second year I did a review of what I had woven - helps me to clear the slate and begin again. Maybe we should make this an annual January blog item, are you game?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! It almost made me dizzy to see how much you have done. All so fresh and colorful. It is inspiring to see these reviews of things woven. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! It's great being reminded of what a fab weaver you are! I love your choice and use of colour....looking forward to seeing more great weaving this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I scrolled through I realized that I liked each one best!

    ReplyDelete