Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Good Ol' Standbys

This week I worked on a custom order for a repeat customer who wanted me to weave her more of my good old standby overshot potholders.  Last year I had woven her up a set of four of these potholders for her kitchen.  During the holiday season this customer's friends and family saw the potholders in action and decided they really wanted to add them to their kitchens.  Off to the loom I went, one week later seven potholders are in the mail on their way to MA.   Isn't it lovely when a simple to weave pattern can be made into something that many people can use and enjoy?



Fresh off the loom are a bunch of white and green stripe towels woven in a very soft mill end cotton I pulled from my stash and the weaver's good ol' standby tabby weave.  Because I hail from Michigan I couldn't help but notice that these are the colors for Michigan State - Go Spartans!



The simple stripe pattern was easy to work with because I could vary the design on each towel and not become bored while weaving the eight towels this warp produced.


Another project I have been dabbling with has been a the search for a new avatar for my Etsy shop.  My old avatar which matches the store's banner looked very pixelated to me (wow, doesn't it sound like I know computer geek stuff --- NOT!).  After a very fruitless search I decided upon a celtic design of a thistle.  Being a proud Irish girl I just could not resist the celtic design.  My new avatar "reads" a lot better in the small little space it resides in in my Etsy shop.


Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving



3 comments:

  1. Love the towels! The potholder are wonderful... though I think I would cry if something was splattered on them during cooking. :(

    I just toured your shop... classy!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought of weaving potholders, and you have inspired me to give it a go! As for your new avatar, well, it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete