Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Blooming Dogwood

Last week was spent weaving a ten yard warp of cotlin yarn using one of my favorite overshot patterns.  

First up in the sequence are towels that were woven with cobalt blue as the accent color, cobalt is one of my favorite colors.



  The overshot pattern on these towels always reminds me of dogwood blooms.


Version number two towels were woven with a periwinkle blue border.  Very Swedish looking results don't you think?


Last up is version number three, woven with this year's staring color -  light orchid.  This towel looks spring-like and delicate and is lovely to look at.

On to the next project...

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving










4 comments:

  1. They're lovely! I've got a towel warp planned to go on my loom after the scarf warp comes off, overshot also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful! Sophisticated and simple at the same time.

    ReplyDelete