Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Cotlin, Naturally

A ten yard warp of natural beige cotlin resulted in various projects on the loom this week.

Thought it was time I wove a shorter table runner, one that can be used and enjoyed on many different sizes of table tops.




I enjoy weaving these spa cloths, they are the result of a warping mistake I made several years ago and decided to "go with it" and weave that particular warp off the loom.  



It is fun to see how different the pattern looks when I use different yarns for the overshot portion.



My first foray into the world of weddings, a ring bearer's pillow.


On to the next project...

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving





11 comments:

  1. The ring bearer pillow is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all, and such a pretty ring bearer's pillow! I'm happy to be able to post a comment, I couldn't on the last post for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa, no idea why you couldn't post before. Pets for the pups!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful and beautiful weaving, once again. I wish you a pleasant spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful weaving, Martha! I bet that your ring bearers pillow will be a popular buy in your shop - it's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful-I always loved overshot-it was I made when I was first learning to weave-I need to do that again-love the wedding pillow too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all, but especially love the runners. The natural beige is a wonderful ground for the pattern colors. I was drawn to the undyed hemp I'm using at the moment for the same reason. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete