Friday, June 13, 2014

Frost Crystals Shawl

This shawl was a labor of love made for my baby sister's up coming birthday.  I combined a lovely pure silk warp with some beautiful artisan beaded mohair and silk yarn to weave up a light as air slightly sparkly shawl.


It is hard to capture the iridescent beads even out here in the sunlight, darn it all.  You will have to take my word, the shawl is just lovely.  Pretty sure my little sister will love her handwoven birthday present. Guess I better get it in the mail - it takes awhile for things to arrive overseas.



On to the next project...

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely - what a wonderful birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, beautiful scarf. I have had a similar idea for a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure she is going to be thrilled with it..... I know I sure would be!
    Love the sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous shawl and what a lovely gift for your sister!

    ReplyDelete