Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Enigmatic Stars



Discovered a wonderful old weaving draft in Davidson's book called Enigma and decided to play a bit with it.  The original draft looks like big circles which did nothing for me but when I looked closer a star motif appeared when I changed the treadling.   Thus my Enigmatic stars were born.   The background is done in  a dark forest green mercerized 10/2 cotton from my stash and a bit of metallic gold for the border.




Here I have used some 5/2 white perle cotton for the stars, I think it makes the pattern really pop out of the towel.  Fun project, although I don't usually use merc cotton for towels I decided that the stash needed some reducing and this particular yarn had to be used up.

While cruising the internet this morning I discovered a nice little surprise, seems that Vav magazine listed my blog in the their more weaving information area.  I had no idea they had done this but I really do appreciate the shout out.


So much for my 15 micro-seconds of fame!

On to the next project.

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful towels - I love the dark green background for overshot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stars really 'shine' through (*wink)! You certainly have this overshot down to a lovely elegance!.
    Part of me suddenly wants to weave overshot now....

    Congrats on the mention in Vav! what a lovely pat from afar!
    You deserve it and it will last longer than 15 minutes....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like I keep circling back to overshot patterns, they are a lot of fun to weave. Thanks for your kind words about Vav.

      Delete
  3. Those are stunning Martha but then again all your work is just that. They would be most perfect for my favorite Holiday, St. Patricks day!

    ReplyDelete