Wednesday, July 30, 2014

It Is Never Too Early

Been super busy trying to get a good start on my holiday weaving list, seems it gets longer with each passing year.  Put a 10 yard warp of cotlin on the Gilmore and got busy weaving my version of Swedish Drall towels.

Hard to get bored when you are changing colors every towel.


Nice dark green, same weft as my new table runners.  Always good to use up the yarn that is hanging around on the bobbins I have left over from other projects.


Lovely yellow, bobbin leftovers from a baby blanket project.


Kiwi green, bobbin leftovers from a towel project I donated for the United Way in Peoria.


Cheerful orange, bobbin leftovers from a rainbow towel warp.


Same warp, different treadling - I guess I did get a bit bored.  Nice blue Borg's cotlin from Sweden - surprise -- not leftover yarn this time.

Next on the agenda -- I decided to weave up two perfectly simple table runners using some dark green perle cotton from stash.  Added a bit of holiday bling by hemstitching some glass beads on both ends of each runner.


Silver glass beads grace both ends of this runner.  Think the beads came from Italy.


Blingy red glass beads on this runner, love they way they glow.

You may have noticed the "Martha Steward Made In America" contest logo in the right upper corner of my blog page - yep, you guessed it I am a glutton for punishment and decided to throw my towel into the ring again this year.  

It is hard to resist the grand prize money of $10,000 - that money would be the seed money for me to realize my dream of opening a weaving store and studio to teach.  We all have dreams and I sure would love to make mine come true.  

In case you are wondering voting begins September 15th and runs for a few weeks.  People can vote one time per day.  Wish me luck, I did pretty well last year and hope to do as well if not better this year.  Hey, somebody has to win the thing why not me?  

Back at it.

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving




4 comments:

  1. Love those towels.

    So glad you're trying again for the MS contest - I'll be voting everyday for you again this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindie I appreciate your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the towels! I think that kiwi green and orange might be a favorite from the batch shown, but all are beautifully woven. Those runners will fly out the door I bet with their pretty beads. Please, remind us when the voting starts and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa, I like the kiwi and orange towel too - just a bit different than it's mates isn't it. I will be sure to let everyone know when the voting starts, thanks!

    ReplyDelete