Monday, August 25, 2014

Summer Rainbows


Seven different hues of summer rainbows done in a block taquette stucture.


This towel is from the same warp but treadled as plain weave.  I was attempting to use all the various colored bobbins I had left from the taquete block towels.


Managed to squeek out one more towel on this warp and chose to use a modified basket weave.  Thought it was interesting that the warp threads made a few colorful stripes in the finished body of the towel.   Wish I could say I had something to do with the striping effect, but it must have been the weaving fairies.

Back to my looms.

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving

8 comments:

  1. I love all the color - who wouldn't want to use those in their kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The weaving fairies were kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These hit me right between the eyes and nearly knocked me out! What smashing color combinations! Extra superlative! And such beautiful weaving, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies, thank you for all the upbeat and wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour effects! I love those fairy stripes too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colourful towels! I think they are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them! Makes you want to smile all day.

    ReplyDelete