Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Holiday Preparations


Once again I have woven what I refer to as Swedish Snowflakes, these towels are fun to weave and are just as fun to use in the kitchen.


On the same 17 yard warp my other favorite draft to weave for the holidays I call Nordic Stars and is just a fun to weave and great to give as a holiday gift to friends and family.



Used up some UKI pearl cotton from my stash along with a few cones of metallic yarn to experiment with a new to me overshot draft.  The picture doesn't do justice to the amount of sparkle the gold yarn imparts.


Same UKI pearl warp but different treading on this version of the runner, I can't decide which I like better.  

Better get back at it, the holidays are fast approaching and I have much to do.

Back to my looms.

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Martha! I was looking at doing similar towels for the holiday since I have a lot of white right now. As always, your runners are the best!

    ReplyDelete