Friday, October 17, 2014

Evening Stars

Outside Beauty Shot

No one ever told me how hard it is to weave with black tencel let alone how hard it is to properly photograph.  This was a one day project from start to finish which has to be a weaving record for me.

Inside Beauty Shot

I was pleased that I finally found a project I could use the sparkly rayon slub yarn that has been languishing in my stash for eons.

The model for my evening shawl is a dress dummy I covered with the catalog pages from a Sears and Roebuck catalog circa 1870 or so.

Back to my looms.

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving





5 comments:

  1. It's lovely with the bit of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black yarn can be very unforgiving can't it! I'm always surprised that a colour could make such a big difference. It seems that you've mastered black beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently struggled with black linen runners and thought I would go blind! Equally hard to photograph...

    Your Shawl is beautiful and I love the rayon slub flash of colour!
    Beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty! Sophisticated and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely - would be the perfect wrap for a night at the symphony - or any event, really. And I LOVE the catalog-covered dress dummy!

    ReplyDelete