Friday, October 31, 2014

Two For The Price Of One

My dear sister Skyped me last week with an urgent request, would I be willing to weave up some throws for two of her friends?  The throws are to be surprise gifts for these ladies, thankfully they live on different continents and do not know each other so I could weave them up without changing the treadling or tie up.



Went through my yarn stash and found two cones of Monte Cristo yarn, warped up enough for the throws and commenced getting busy.  Two days later the throws are complete and ready to be shipped out.

I was pleased with the finished product, they are light, airy, very soft and easy care.  Now that is my kind of simple weaving project.



Stay tuned to see what I am bringing home this weekend to replace the Loomcraft! 

Back to my looms.

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving




4 comments:

  1. Those throws look so cozy.
    Can't wait to see what new piece of equipment is coming to live in your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently saw a Loomcraft for sale.....I don't really know much about them. I am wondering if you could tell me more about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two days?!!! You're incredible! And they look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the compliments!

    Hilary, I sent you a private message about the loom.

    ReplyDelete