Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Swedish Weaving Goddess



After 14 hours of windshield time this past weekend my dream loom is home and sitting in my studio.   She is a  47" 10 shaft/12 treadle Glimakra Standard Countermarch and I am over the moon with happiness.


You will note that she doesn't have her heddles mounted yet, that project will be completed over the next few days and then it will be time for her maiden voyage.

Her name is Sunna.  Sunna is a Swedish weaving goddess in mythology.  Who knew I would fall so hard for a big blonde Swedish girl?  

Lessons learned - dreams to do come true .....  and  .... never ever ever sell a loom you really love.


Back to my looms.

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving





8 comments:

  1. Welcome home Sunna! You lucky loom.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hoo - new loom! Can't wait to see what comes off it first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she is a beauty. Congratulations on the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She's beautiful.... and we can all hardly wait to see the beautiful cloth you'll make on her!

    :) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo!!! Her big sister, Sophie, lives with me. She has 12 shafts. I hope you enjoy playing with her as much as I do with my girl! The only thing that slows me down is figuring out the tension on the tie up of all the treadles.Mostly, she's a Dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it crazy how we fall in love with our looms????
    Congrats......she is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad Sunna's home where she belongs!! And Never, Ever, Ever will I let you sell a loom you love or sewing machine for that matter either. She is Beautiful and definitely worth the long road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so fortunate! What a happy story. I bet you will grin like the Cheshire Cat when you put your first project on it.

    ReplyDelete