Sunday, February 22, 2015

Red Rocks of Utah



Inspired by the red rock formations in the desert areas of Utah, the organic cotlin yarns in these drall block towels represent the colors found on a bright summer day.


The grayish blue in this towel reminds me of the ever present sage brush found out west.  The yellows remind me of the sandstone formations seen in the Utah desert.  The rusty red, browns and oranges are all present in the rock formations of Zion National Park.



These three towels show the diversity of textures and colors that can be found in the Utah desert, each more lovely than the last.  

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving





8 comments:

  1. Love those colors, they are simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful!
    I've been playing with drall a little bit, lately. Looking at how yours turned out gives me some ideas for the blanket I'm warping for right now. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors. I have never been to the desert but they seem to me to be very evocative of that land.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what great colors, a really lovely palette you have created there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colors - just lovely - and the drall pattern, too!

    ReplyDelete