Monday, April 6, 2015

Studio Expansion

After years of working on a very old and very small drafting table I decided it was time for an upgrade.   With limited space to work with and the need to be able to use the new work space for several different things at the same time.  I found a great solution at Ikea, they have a birch gate-leg table with enough space for me to spread out.  Love the drawers that are built in - they hold the bits and bobs that would be cluttering up the table top.


The new table makes my corner work space nice and cozy.



Just started to teach myself how to paint with watercolors - here is a peek at my little daily painting journal book.  If you look closely you can see a piece of my handwoven fabric underneath the Japanese tea mug I use to keep clean water for painting. 

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving




5 comments:

  1. Great table! Ikea has some great finds. And I love the little desk shelf you made with the spools, and is that a reed for the shelf? What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little desk shelf was created out of desperation when I was using the old small drafting table. I needed more space to store things and decided to use what I had, thus the old spools and a very old rusty reed where called into action. Certainly not stylish, but they do work ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I noticed the reed and spool shelf too, but wanted to see what you had hanging too! Great purchase and the leaves and berries look lovely. I am so envious of the ability to draw and paint what one sees. My attempts always look like abstract and certainly not art! ;-) So enough room for a little Mac in there? I hear the 24" standard ones (not the Baby Mac's) are really little workhorses.....Just like the one I have only 24" instead of 40". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where there is a will there is a way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. schöner arbeitsplatz , liebe grüße aus deutschland wiebke

    ReplyDelete