Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Don't Faint!

I know, I know, what in the sam hill have I been doing for so long?  No excuses other than I have been weaving and vacationing and taking care of a few health issues.  Sorry for the long absence, but I am back in the saddle.

To prove to you that I have indeed been weaving here a few things I have been working on.


Cranberry red mercerized cotton with soft gold metallic accents.  I just love my Great Grandmother's hand cut crystal candy dish - isn't she a beauty?


Cobalt blue with silver trees and snowflakes.  I am starting to lose count on how many times I have woven this particular table runner.  Clients keep requesting this runner and I keep weaving them.  The little coffee pot is the very first thing I ever bought for myself when we moved to Japan.  


Five bright and cheerful table napkins woven with mercerized cottons from Yarn Barn.  The original draft for these napkins is called "one to many margaritas" - I did not use the original draft but chose instead to do my own thing and designed a broken twill.  Love the bright colors.


Cobalt blue is my absolute favorite color along with my other favorite - Blue Willow dishes.  This is an example of what I do with the end of a warp.  The warp is "left over" from weaving a table runner.  I played with treadles to make a some simple patterning on the end of the towel and wa-lah I have something nice to sell in my shop.


Yet again, here is another towel woven with warp "left overs".  Waste not want not as they say.

There are a few other things I have woven and when I get around to it I will try to remember to take some shots to share.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer and looking forward to the cooler temperatures of Fall. 

Happy Weaving!


Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving



9 comments:

  1. Love seeing you back weaving - wonderful projects and I love all your 'props'!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is very beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindie, thanks - it is nice to be back at it.

    Yael, thank you of your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was getting ready to fire you off a private e-mail and see how you were doing! Lovely weaving Martha and glad your health issues are resolved. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weaving is so lovely! Is the pine tree and snowflake runner available as a pattern somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, You can find the draft in Davidson's green book, - I am traveling at the moment so can't give you a page number. The draft is summer and winter. Enjoy!

      Delete
    2. EDIT!!! Not Davidson's book - try M. M. Atwater

      Delete
  6. these are all so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cobalt blue cloth with silver trees and snowflakes is amazing! It is no surprise that clients want more and more!

    ReplyDelete