Thursday, August 27, 2015

Waste Not Want Not

Never being one to waste my handwoven samples and the ends of various warps I gathered and assembled some new handwoven fabric coasters for my shop.


There ended up being three sets of two matching coasters and several one of kind coasters in my finished pile.

The one of a kind coasters will be used as thank you gifts for my customers and the sets are listed for sale in my shop.


The delft blue tencel overshot coasters match my Japanese porcelain coffee mug nicely.  


Red Tencel was used for this coaster set.


Another case of waste not want not - the fabric for these coasters was a towel that finished up too short to sell.  Love the bright magenta and pinks.

Back to the looms.

Happy Weaving.
Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving

2 comments:

  1. I always love your work, but the colors in the last pic...OOOOHHH! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to be able to make something both useful and beautiful from the last little bits of warp!

    ReplyDelete