Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Color!



Warm bright colors are such a joy to weave with and to behold.
Had a lovely time weaving with this GOTS certified cotlin yarn, it is easy to work with and finishes up with no fading or pilling.  Great Stuff although a bit pricy.



Nice to weave up, and it really shows the pattern nicely.


Decided that in the future I will not be using yellow on my selvedges - just doesn't help showcase the towel colors at all.



Same yarns different draft.  The grape and kiwi remind me Welch's grape jelly for some reason, I think I must have been hungry when I was weaving this.



The bright orange and kiwi green remind me of an orange grove.  Very cheerful!



Back to the looms.

Happy Weaving.
Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleRoseWeaving


7 comments:

  1. I love those bright and cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such great colour sense! Love them all...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The bright colors, especially, are so striking!
    A water color artist, friend of mine once told me about being careful which colors are on the edges. If the color's not right, your gaze slides off instead of sticking around for another look. Your yellow reinforces that. Thank you for the teaching moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, color combinations are lovely! Colors are bright and juicy! Looking at your works I feel happy) thank you a lot!

    ReplyDelete