Saturday, December 26, 2015

2015 Recap

2015 wasn't the best year for getting into my studio to weave.  Between doctor appointments and surgical dates I was not as productive at the loom as I would have liked.  Below you will find a few of the textiles that came from my looms - I decided not to bore you with everything and only chose the towels I particularly enjoyed weaving.


January
Swedish drall blocks, woven in what I think of as traditional Scandinavian colors.


Fancy twill "plaid" towels - using up all those colorful left over bobbins in my stash.



February
Twill blocks in a warm Autumn colors.



March
Monks Belt - one of my favorite drafts to weave.



May
Developed what I call my Nordic Stars weaving draft, lots of fun to weave and no super long floats.


Revisited the Autumn towel theme but used a different twill block pattern.



August
Sparkly silver trees and snowflakes on a field of cobalt blue.



Margarita napkins woven my way with a newly my developed twill draft.



September
Colorful stripes!


October
Modified twill blocks used to play with citrus inspired colors.



Used some of my sampling stash to come up with a teapot handle cover to protect your hands while pouring hot tea.


November
Rainbow block towels in vibrant orange and magenta.



December

Lost our dearly loved Old English Sheepdog, Sam.  Known to some as my weaving studio supervisor.  I miss his presence in my weaving studio very much.

Managed to weave and finish an eleven yard warp in record time for a client - Nordic Stars in Christmas colors.


Here is to hoping that 2016 brings all of us health, wealth and happiness.

Back to the loom!

Happy Weaving.
Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:







7 comments:

  1. My heavens what a beautiful array of stuff you've woven. Bravo!
    Sweet Sam, I know how they are missed. Here's to all things good for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely variety of colour and structure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful retrospect of this year's weaving. Beautiful pic of your dear Sam who you are missing so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your baby Sam.

    Beautiful weavings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! And you call this a slow weaving year?! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a body of work, Martha! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I probably haven't visited in about a year! What a great post. You have been productive even so. may the new year be even better.

    ReplyDelete