Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Bright Yarns for Dull Days


Bright, hot chili pepper red warp threads really heat up this turned taquete towel.  Just finished another very long warp of my turned taquete rainbow towels.  


Same warp different look.   This particular version is woven in plain weave at the end of the warp.   I use up most of the left over bobbins that have been used during the course of weaving off this warp.  Nothing worse to me than to have extra half filled bobbins of yarn with no where to go.

Back to the looms!

Happy Weaving.
Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:




6 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty. I really need to give the turned taquete a try.
    as this the maiden warp on the new Schacht Standard?
    Are you loving it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa, turned taquete is fun to weave. I have done so much of it lately I could weave it in my sleep. The maiden warp on the Schacht was a cobalt blue warp, it went into the garbage can - don't ask just suffice it to say it wasn't the loom's fault only mine. New warp is on the Schacht and will be weaving soon.

      Delete
  2. Great towels - that'll chase away the gray :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are bright and cheerful, really warms up a room.

      Delete
  3. Dear Martha -
    I just received my towel last night, and I am thrilled with its beauty and craftsmanship. The presentation (and lovely card) was stellar. Thank you, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, I am delighted to hear that your are enjoying your new towel. Best wishes!

      Delete