Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Winter Days At The Loom



Winter sunshine has been rare around here this January and when it does show up I try to get in some photography time.  Love the way the candlestick's shadow looks against the dark cranberry of my handwoven table runner.  The overshot boarder was woven with some lovely gold sparkly yarn which unfortunately is very hard to capture in pictures.


Twill blocks woven in what I consider a traditional palate of Swedish colors.  The old iron stone maple syrup pitcher is one from my small collection.


Using the same twill block draft and warp I wove up my Blue Willow towels and also managed to weave a nice table runner in this color way.


The end of the twill blocks warp turned into a nice finger tip towel with a nice basic red and white combination of cotlin yarns.

Back to the loom!

Happy Weaving.
Please visit my   Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving   by clicking here:





2 comments:

  1. Yes, back to the loom to make more beautiful goodies, but is it to a different loom? :-)

    ReplyDelete