Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Twas Twills


To be precise twas Edward Worst's twills that I decided to play with on my newest loom.   Wish I could remember where I bought this colonial blue organic cotton, it weaves up nicely and I adore this color paired with the natural beige warp threads.



This the reverse side of the twill pattern shown above.  I find both sides of this draft equally interesting.  Here I used bleached white cotlin for the weft threads.


A brighter navy blue cotlin yarn was used in this version of the towel.  Can you tell I like blue?

Back to the looms!

Happy Weaving.
Please visit my  Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving by clicking here:

5 comments:

  1. And how do you like the new loom? Lovely towels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reserving final judgement on the loom until she has one more warp go through her reed. So far I dislike the front/back break system. Sigh, one of these days I am going to find a loom I like as much as my Gilmore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that draft - have woven it in the past too. And yes, have noticed you love blue - I'm not generally a blue person but I always love your blue and white/off white towels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely beautiful. Glad to hear the positive review on the Gilmore. It's on my shortlist for my next loom. (someday...). Laurie

    ReplyDelete