Sunday, June 26, 2016

Red Letter Day!


Yesterday was a red letter day for me.   After a lot of buying and selling looms over the last two years in order to make enough money to finally acquire my dream loom the weaving goddess smiled on me.

Meet Hester - a great name offered up from a fellow weaving friend, Theresa.  Hester is a circa 1989 Leclerc Colonial I, 60" 12 shaft / 14 treadle rock maple counterbalance / jack loom.  Bought the loom from a lady in Missouri who had partially set it up 5 years ago and never wove anything with it.  The original owner had purchased the loom and sorry to say passed away before she could ever use it.  Poor Hester sat in a bedroom unused and unloved for many years.

So, I am the very lucky and ever so grateful owner of a brand spankin' new 1989 Leclerc Colonial!  I am beyond the moon happy!!!!

Here are a few beauty shots of my new girl.


Front View 


Look at all those marvelous shafts!


Back view.

Welcome Hester, you have been long awaited.  I can hardly wait to get started on a new project.

Happy Weaving!

Back to the looms.

Please visit my  Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving by clicking here:



7 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! A new loom is always such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! She's a loom of substance for sure! Now are you going to use her in jack or CB mode, or eventually switch her over to a CM system? I would love to know how those treadle springs work! I'm so happy for you. Looks like you have a beautiful spot to weave for her too. Glad you liked the name. Welcome home Hester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you everyone for the positive comments!

      Theresa, I plan on using her in the jack mode at least for now and possibly switching her over to the CM system. I will let you know how the treadle springs work, I am curious too. Hester is a big girl but she fits in the studio with room to spare - well, she will once the Schacht Standard is gone to her new home.

      Delete
  3. That's so exciting! Have fun playing together!

    ReplyDelete