Sunday, July 24, 2016

Hand Made Love and New Beginnings

Yesterday my talented woodworking husband presented me with a new desk for my studio.  He designed and created this mission style desk using quarter sawn oak a bit of swearing and a lot of hard work.   The desk is a true work of love and I am so delighted by this wonderful hand made gift.




A new member was added to our family this last week, his name is Jack.  Jack is an 18 month old Standard Poodle tripod dog.  Jack's right front foot is deformed by a birth injury but that doesn't stop him from running like the wind and playing with his new big sister Pepper.   Jack is a rescue dog who deserved a loving home and family but was never given the chance.  Everything in his life has changed - now he is in his forever home and doing well.  



As you can see Jack was given the typical rescue dog hair cut at the rescue facility.  In time his lovely apricot fur will grow out and he will look more like a Poodle instead of an over grown terrier.


We are in love with this silly boy and are so happy he is part of family.

Welcome Home Jack!

Happy Weaving!

Back to the looms.

Please visit my  Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving by clicking here:





10 comments:

  1. Jack is very cute - I actually like the overgrown terrier look - kind of a stealth poodle.

    And your new desk is beautiful! My H does a bit of woodworking, but nothing that elaborate (at least, not yet!). No complaints, though - I did get a warping board, 2 raddles and some parts for my loom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stealth Poodle, I like that! Isn't great when our husband's make us lovely hand made tools to use in our weaving studios?

      Delete
  2. Well, glad to see the camera started working because I wouldn't want to miss welcoming Mr. Jack Poodle (and he looks more spaniel to me with the close kennel clip), and having a chance to drool over that gorgeous desk! Love the leg details and the color.
    And speaking of color, I don't think I've ever seen an apricot Standard Poodle and I'm wondering why because it is a lovely color. Congrats to all and here's to many happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Theresa, I picked the stain color out for the desk, it is known as Gunstock by Mirawax - like the golden red color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the desk is amazing....and you are amazing for giving Jack a chance at a happy life. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary! Jack is a great guy and we are lucky he chose us as his family.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely beautiful desk! I am in need of one and my husband is an exceptional woodworker too. I may just have to show him your desk!! We love Mission Style and we love Southwest furniture. He has built all the furniture in our house except for ALL chairs. He will not touch those! I love you weaving as I am a weaver too. Off-loom though. I do less though due to neck and back surgeries.
    Fine looking dog! Glad Jack is a fun dog for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new desk is beautiful - what a special gift......and what a talented husband.

    Welcome Jack!!! You've found a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really stunning desk! And my rescue guy, a small Shih Tzu mix with plenty of both physical & emotional problems, is also named Jack. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely new additions to your home!

    ReplyDelete