Monday, October 17, 2016

Wild Ireland Series


While I was weaving this set of towels the colors reminded me of wild Irish moors, thus the name of the bespoke series is Wild Ireland.  The GOTS certified yarns I used to create this series are available in beautiful colors, all of which I love to work with.


The variety of treadling and color changes in each towel keep me from getting bored while weaving.  Happy to say that within on hour of posting this set of towels in my Etsy shop three of them sold.  Hurrah for the upcoming holiday season!

Happy Weaving!

Back to the looms.

Please visit my  Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving by clicking here -



5 comments:

  1. Lovely towels Martha. And whoo hoo on some selling so quickly - you have definitely got a following who love your weaving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Martha, beautiful! There is a pottery store in Ventry Ireland that uses many of these colors in their plates, cups and teaware. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful. And although I've never been to the Emerald Isle, your towels do call to mind the photos I've seen with the heathers in bloom.

    More crackle? Or turned taquete?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindie, thank you!

    Donna, Ah Ireland...one of these days I hope to actually get to see it with my own eyes.

    Peg, thanks. Draft is a simple twill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Late to the blog Martha, but those towels are so pretty. I can't think of anything you've woven I didn't love and admire.

    ReplyDelete