Thursday, December 15, 2016

Monk's Belt Table Runners


With the holiday season weaving done for the year I felt like it was a great opportunity to weave some table runners that reflect my love of traditional salt glaze pottery.  The monk's belt draft is woven with the bottom side up making for easier treadling.

Warped up another set of these table runners with slightly different colors, they will go on the loom next.

Happy Weaving!



Please visit my  Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving by clicking here -

10 comments:

  1. Lovely Martha! Are you in a happy place with the new loom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa, the loom is here and I am using it but we are not making friends.

      Delete
  2. Oh, you Evil Weaver, you! I LOVE salt glaze pottery too. These are so my colors for the studio. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh...I was thinking of you when I designed these runners. I haven't forgotten your love of salt glaze pottery.

      Delete
    2. It really means a lot to me when a good friend supports my work. Thanks Cherry!

      Delete
  3. That is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love looking at your blog! Beautiful work and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sehr schöner Tischläufer, viel Glück mit den Webstühlen im 2017

    ReplyDelete