Saturday, July 1, 2017

Wonderful Surprise

Yesterday was a red letter day for me.  I discovered a lovely surprise in my mail box sent by my dear friend Diane in California.  Diane and I met on the internet through Etsy and have enjoyed a long distance friendship for a few years now.  Diane owns Treadlers https://www.etsy.com/shop/Treadlers
on Etsy where she hand weaves the most luxurious scarves from beautiful yarns like Qiviut, silk blends and many other beautiful combinations.

Upon opening the surprise box I was astonished to find 6 skeins of Arctic Qiviut Wool Blend 2 ply lace yarn in two shades of my favorite color - red.  Among the skeins of yarn was a wonderful pewter Musk Ox pin.  Also in the box was a beautiful handmade brass sleying hook made by the Celtic Swan http://www.celticswan.com - this hook is so beautiful and so well made it is a work of art.  Using the hook is a pleasure not only because of it's beauty but it is well designed to fit into your hand easily.

What wonderful gifts -  all the makings for me to be able weave myself a lovely and warm winter scarf out of yarns I would never ever splurge on for myself.  Thank you Diane, you touched my heart with your lovely gifts.



In the weaving studio I just finished an 8 yard warp of organic GOTS certified yarns using a draft I found in an old VAV weaving magazine - the draft can also be found in the "Simple Weaves" book.  Love the clean simplicity of these towels.


Happy Weaving!

Please visit my  Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving by clicking here -

3 comments:

  1. Love the towels. I too have been eyeing those woven towels from the Simple Weaves book.
    What a lovely surprise of such beautiful yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift..... lucky you! It just so happens I know Diane too :) Small world huh?

    *love* those towels! Fresh and cheery.
    Hugs, S

    ReplyDelete