Thursday, October 19, 2017

Four to Eight

Before the additions


Placed an order two months ago with Meridith at Macomber Looms to upgrade my 1968 model B5 40" Macomber loom. I ordered 4 new harness systems - #’s 5 through 8, a lamm depressor, 600 heddles, beater pads and stop pads to bring my lovely loom up to 8 working harnesses. The loom still has room for 2 more harnesses to make it a 10 harness loom. One of these days I may add those final two harnesses.
Also ordered 8 brand new shiny heddle bars to replace the old existing bars - yes, I know I could restore them but I want everything to match and look nice.


Here she is with all eight harnesses, 4 new treadles and the ever famous lamm depressor installed.


Notice the lovely new brass parts installed next to the original four that came with the loom in 1968.


In the 1968 lamm depressors were a wooden dowel you pressed down on the lamms with while to trying to install the treadle hooks.  Not user friendly at all.  A brand new lamm depressor has been installed and it will hold a lamm down with out my assistance so I can install the treadle hooks with ease.  

Happy Weaving!

Please visit my  Etsy shop  --  Thistle Rose Weaving by clicking here -








5 comments:

  1. OHHHHHH, shiny shiny! I am so jealous of that fancy schmancy
    treadle depressor. Have you got the warp all ready and is the Pup up and running? To answer your question, I like the David better. They cover pretty much the same weaving items with the David a bit wider. Neither is particularly portable even though one folds and the David is easier to thread. Fiona the pup LT though, stays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the expansion!

    I have a Mac, and it's older so doesn't have a lamm depressor. Can you post a photo of yours in use so I can see how it works?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peg, Sarah Haskell's Macomber blog has great pictures of the lamm depressor in use

      macomberloomsandme.blogspot.com/search?q=lamm+depressor

      Delete
  3. WOW, I have NO idea what you are talking about! :-)
    But your work is absolutely beautiful and delightful!

    ReplyDelete